Picture this: a modern corporate culture intersects with state of the art technology in the fastest growing industry in the online advertising worldwide.
Our biggest investment is in people. At AcuityAds, you can expect the fast-paced excitement of an ever-growing environment with the rock-solid support from stellar Techies – with some nice perks on the side. If you are a passionate professional who can get a lot done while having fun, come join a team of like-minded, skilled professionals where you can learn and share your knowledge! We don’t just offer competitive salaries and benefits, at AcuityAds, we value the health and happiness of our employees from a holistic perspective. Our corporate wellness efforts span from an in-house registered massage therapy service, to weekly catered lunches, a fully stocked and functioning kitchen, team gatherings, and UNLIMITED vacation policy. We offer structured employee recognition awards and financial wellness programs.
Ranked on Deloitte’s Fast 50 and Fast 500 lists 4 years in a row, AcuityAds is one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America as well as Europe in the programmatic marketing space – which is the fastest growing segment of digital advertising in the world today. Acuity empowers marketers by offering transparency on costs and brand safety, and real-time reporting and analytics, bringing accountability to programmatic advertising to deliver business results. AcuityAds is headquartered in Toronto, Canada with sales offices in New York City, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, and Europe.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The AcuityAds DevOps team is seeking a new DevOps Engineer who will support our platform, develop and enhance process. We’re looking for passionate, creative engineers who are excited about solving problems and working with some of the latest technology. As a DevOps engineer, you will get your hands dirty working with Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Big Data and more.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Be part of a week long on call cycle where you are responsible for system uptime
- Participate in weekly application deployments
- Linux system administration and troubleshooting
- Analyzing and resolving incidents in a timely manner to minimize downtime to all clients while coordinating and communicating with impacted stakeholders
- Evaluating new technologies and integrating them into our current environment
- Developing new application deployments using Ansible
- Scaling current environment using Terraform to meet our ever increasing traffic
- Work with other teams to achieve a common goal
- Documentation of processes and troubleshooting issues
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Good understanding of VMware, Docker and Kubernetes VM/container orchestration
- Experience with Atlassian Bamboo and Bitbucket, building deployment projects
- Experience with Infrastructure as code (IaC) and deployment experience using Terraform
- Experience with configuration management using Ansible
- Experience with deployment of infrastructure and Java applications in VMware, hardware servers and/or cloud
- Experience with scripting knowledge with Python and Bash. Java is a huge plus.
- Experience with MySQL, NoSQL, and ElasticSearch. And ability to set them up for production.
- Experience working with Hadoop, Druid, HDFS and Spark (Big Data tools)
- Basic networking experience and experience working with hardware servers
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with git and understanding of basic git workflows
- Experience with being on-call and willingness to figure out issues independently.
- Ability to work independently in a small start-up environment and be self driven and self taught.
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Experience with NetBoot, Cobbler or any PXE provisioner for hardware servers.
- Our engineers must demonstrate passion for what they do and develop. Being curious, persistent to find the right solutions to resolve complex problems and communicate properly to express their ideas in a proper way
GREAT PLACE TO WORK®
AcuityAds is certified as a Great Place to Work® after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by @Great Place to Work Canada. This certification is based on direct feedback from employees, provided as part of an extensive and anonymous survey about the workplace experience. Check us out at https://www.acuityads.com
OUR CORE VALUES
We are growing fast, so this is the perfect time for you to join our team. You have the amazing opportunity to make an impact in a big way in a company that is poised for growth. Our Acuitian way is built on five core values:
Customer Service: We provide superior customer service to all those who we interact with.
Respect: We respect all individuals and businesses.
“Can-Do” Attitude: We exhibit a can-do attitude and always strive to say “yes”
Innovation: We push the limits of innovation and automation.
Fun: We understand our enthusiasm is part of a fun and thriving workplace.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However; the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION & EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
AcuityAds is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our people and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all our people in maintaining an environment with mutual respect by and for all our employees and applicants.
All employment decisions at AcuityAds are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, ancestry, creed (religion), place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, political belief, physical or mental disability, receipt of public assistance, or irrelevant record of offence.
AcuityAds provides accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment and selection process and before you begin your journey with us.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at AcuityAds.
AcuityAds Is A Fast-Growing, Publicly-Listed Technology Company In The Dynamic Environment Of Digital Advertising Technology. Founded In 2009, AcuityAds Has Achieved Enormous Growth And Recognition. Thanks To Our Hardworking Employees We Have Ranked On Deloitte’s Fast 50 And Fast 500 Lists 4 Years In A Row.
This Is The Perfect Time To Join Our Team. You Have The Amazing Opportunity To Make An Impact In A Big Way In A Company That Is Poised For Growth.
Our Acuitian Way Embraces Customer Service, Respect, A “Can-Do” Attitude, Innovation, And Fun.
SOUND GOOD? JOIN US!